Construction Sealant For Windows, Doors, Curtain Walls
Download Product Literature
DuraSil High Performance Adhesive/Sealant
DuraSil™ is a single component neutral cure silicone construction sealant used for a wide range of new construction and renovation applications. It has outstanding weather resistance and durability in dry,cold or wet conditions. DuraSil is stable to temperatures up to 400° F. DuraSil bonds well to Kynar 500® PVDF coated metal,glass block and many other building materials.
DuraSil may be used to seal windows and doors, curtain walls, and in many marine and transportation applications.
DuraSil is a neutral cure (RTV) silicone, adhesive sealant, designed for application on dissimilar materials such as glass, aluminum, steel, copper, masonry and many engineering plastics such as polycarbonate, vinyl (PVC), fiberglass (FRP), and acrylic. DuraSil is also well suited for difficult to bond surfaces such as Kynar 500® PVDF and Tedlar® PVF.
DuraSil’s low odor, non corrosive, and neutral cure chemistry will not damage unprotected metals. DuraSil is highly elastic and low modulus with mechanical properties capable of low temperature flexibility and 50% joint movement. DuraSil is recommended for metal architecture, windows and doors, curtain wall construction, and glass block.
DuraSil develops properties rapidly and is effective in many industrial applications where strength, elasticity, adhesion, and speed of set are required.
- Neutral Cure. Will not promote corrosion of metal
- Bonds to Kynar 500® PVDF coated metal
- Solvent free, 100% solids will not shrink
- Non-slump, applies vertically and overhead
- 10 minute skin over
- Color stability, will not suntan
- +/- 50% joint movement
- Conforms to OTC Rule for Sealants
- Meets requirements of California Regs: CARB, BAAQMD and SCAQMD
- This product does not contain cancer causing chemicals listed in California Proposition 65
- Conforms to USDA Requirements for Non-food Contact
- LEED 2.2 for New Construction and Major Renovations: Low Emitting Materials (Section 4.1) 1 Point
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines: 5 Global Impact Points
- VOC Content: less than 33 grams / liter ASTM D2369 EPA Method 24 (tested at 240°F / 115°C)
10.1 oz (300 ml)
24 cartridges/carton, 45 cartons/pallet
2 and 5 gallon pails or 50 gallon drums
available by special order